Sunday, April 7, 2013

4/7/13: Dance Awards Banquet

Today was the Awards Banquet for Dance.  As I mentioned before I take Tap, Evan takes Hip Hop and Lauren takes Jazz and Tap.  Lauren won Most Promising Student, Evan won Best Hip Hop Dancer and I got a 10 year award as I have been dancing at Ellen's School of Dance for 10 years (not consecutive).
 Here are Evan and Lauren with their awards.  They were extremely excited!
 Here is Lauren with her certificate for Most Promising Student.
 Here is Evan with his certificate for Best Hip Hop Dancer.
 Here is Lauren with Aubrey who is in her class for Jazz.  They have been in class together for 3 years and Aubrey is Ms. Ellen's (Artistic Director for the Studio) granddaughter.
 Here is Lauren with her Jazz Teacher Miss Katie who was also awarded with a 25 year award.
Here is Evan with his teacher, Miss Nicole.
  Here is Lauren with her Tap teacher Miss Lori.
 It is wonderful seeing all the dancers get acknowledged and they also put on a wonderful video with a slide show.  Here is a set of pictures they included.  The one in the middle is us last year from the recital.  The one at the top was me as Peter Pan in my first recital and the one at the bottom was me twirling hoop in a recital.
What fond memories.  Hopefully my kids will love Dance as much as I did.

No comments: